Bayou Baked Chicken
- 2 - 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 3 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- Cajun seasoning
- 1 onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place flour in bottom of large greased baking dish.
- Arrange chicken and potatoes in dish, seasoning on both sides with Cajun
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, parsley and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle Lipton onion soup mix on top.
- Put in oven and broil until chicken is brown on top.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees F, cover with aluminum foil and bake for one
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing