Bayou Chicken Surprise
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package mild pork sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's rice
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- In a frying pan combine the chicken with the bell pepper and onion.
- Add the cooked sausage and salt and sauté until golden brown in enough oil
to keep from sticking.
- Add the chicken broth and rice.
- Cover the pan and cook slowly for 45 minutes.
Recipe and photo credit: Red Creek Inn Vineyard and Racing Stable, Long Beach, Mississippi.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing