BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
BBQ shrimp on French bread with an Abita beer hot sauce.
- 1/2 French bread loaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Louisiana shrimp, peeled and deveined, your favorite size
- 1 tablespoon your favorite seafood seasoning
- 8 tablespoons Abita amber beer
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash your favorite Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 pound whole butter, unsalted, cold
- Slice two 8-inch sections from the French bread and core out the centers.
- Toast cored bread and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the shrimp and seafood seasoning.
Sauté them until almost done.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- In the hot sauté pan, add the garlic, thyme and rosemary.
- Once the garlic is toasted, add the lemon juice to deglaze the pan.
- Next, add the beer, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Lower the heat and allow
this to reduce.
- Add the cold butter and keep stirring to incorporate.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and allow them to heat thoroughly.
- Fill the reserved French bread with the shrimp and sauce.
Chef: Brent Applewhite
Reprinted with permission from
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Old-Time Louisiana Cream Fudge
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
Alligator Sauce Piquante
Traditional New Orleans Oyster Dressing