- 1 (6 pound) boneless pork butt
- 15 to 20 garlic slivers
- 3 tablespoons red
pepper flakes (or less)
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Tony
Chachere's Original Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black
- Cut 15 to 20 slits 1-inch deep on external surface of pork butt. Press one
garlic sliver into each slit with thumb, to bottom of slit. On top of each garlic
sliver, insert 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes in the slit. Pinch slit closed.
- In a bowl, mix mustard, Cajun seasoning, brown sugar and black pepper. Mix
well and apply to pork butt. Lightly dust with a coating of red pepper flakes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Smoke-cook using apple and hickory chips on a covered barbecue pit off the
heat for 1 hour per pound or until the internal temperature reaches 190 degrees
Yield: about 8 to 10 servings