As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound andouille sausage or kielbasi
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 4 green onions, chopped (tops and bottoms)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (including leaves)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 hot jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- Cook sausage. Drain on paper towel and when cool to touch, cut into 1/2-inch
diagonal slices. Set aside.
- Using a large Dutch oven, spray bottom with Pam (or coat bottom with
olive oil) and add Spanish onion, garlic, rice, green onions, celery, green
and red peppers. Cook, stirring, until onion and celery are limp.
- Add remaining ingredients except seafood. Raise heat to high; bring to a
boil and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pot, lower the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, stirring
about every 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and add seafood. If it looks too dry, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup
broth and stir gently. Simmer 15 minutes longer, uncovered, to cook the
shrimp and scallops.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes