Cajun Catfish with Honey Dijon
Bacon Potato Salad
Fried catfish paired with a delicious Honey Dijon Bacon Potato Salad...yummy!
Honey Dijon Bacon Potato Salad
- 5 cups baby Yukon gold potatoes, cooked and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 1/2 cup fish breading
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups frying oil
- To make Potato Salad, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cajun Catfish: Combine fish breading and Creole seasoning in shallow bowl.
Coat catfish in breading, lightly shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Fry catfish until golden brown,
approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Place on paper towel to drain.
- Serve immediately with Honey Dijon Bacon Potato Salad.
Yield: 4 servings
Reprinted with permission from the Catfish Institute.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce