Cajun Catfish with Honey Dijon
Bacon Potato Salad
Fried catfish paired with a delicious Honey Dijon Bacon Potato Salad...yummy!
Honey Dijon Bacon Potato Salad
- 5 cups baby Yukon gold potatoes, cooked and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 1/2 cup fish breading
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups frying oil
- To make Potato Salad, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cajun Catfish: Combine fish breading and Creole seasoning in shallow bowl.
Coat catfish in breading, lightly shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Fry catfish until golden brown,
approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Place on paper towel to drain.
- Serve immediately with Honey Dijon Bacon Potato Salad.
Yield: 4 servings
Reprinted with permission from the Catfish Institute.