Cajun Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 pound butter or margarine divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups
chopped onion, divided
- 7 tablespoons Cajun seasonings, divided
- 5 cups water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chicken base
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
tablespoons Tabasco sauce or to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (12
ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 10 chicken breast
halves, skinned, de-boned and cut into bite-size pieces
- Melt half the butter in a large heavy skillet. Add the garlic and 2 cups
of the onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of the Cajun seasonings and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the water, chicken base, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce and
simmer 6 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and add the sugar
and 2 more cups of the onions. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring
- Coat chicken pieces with remaining Cajun seasonings.
- Melt remaining butter/margarine, add the rest of the onions and sauté 3
- Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir chicken into sauce and serve over pasta (hot cooked spaghetti or linguine).
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce