Cajun Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 pound butter or margarine divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups
chopped onion, divided
- 7 tablespoons Cajun seasonings, divided
- 5 cups water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chicken base
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
tablespoons Tabasco sauce or to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (12
ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 10 chicken breast
halves, skinned, de-boned and cut into bite-size pieces
- Melt half the butter in a large heavy skillet. Add the garlic and 2 cups
of the onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of the Cajun seasonings and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the water, chicken base, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce and
simmer 6 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and add the sugar
and 2 more cups of the onions. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring
- Coat chicken pieces with remaining Cajun seasonings.
- Melt remaining butter/margarine, add the rest of the onions and sauté 3
- Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir chicken into sauce and serve over pasta (hot cooked spaghetti or linguine).