Cajun Chicken Stroganoff
- 1/2 pound dry wide egg noodles
- 1/2 pound kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 pound
button mushrooms, quartered
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders or strips of breast meat
- 1/2 teaspoon each
cayenne pepper, paprika,
- black pepper, kosher salt, dried basil leaves,
- dried thyme leaves and dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons flour
tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup
- Sliced scallions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for the noodles. Cook noodles
as package directs. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté kielbasa and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons oil in large sauté pan
over medium high heat until browned, 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set
- Mix chicken with seasonings, tossing to coat, then dust with flour.
- Sauté chicken same sauté pan in 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat
until nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Push chicken to one side of pan. Add tomato paste and garlic; sauté for
1 minute. Deglaze pan with sherry, simmer until nearly evaporated, then add
broth, Worcestershire and reserved kielbasa mushroom mixture. Bring to a
simmer and reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in sour cream.
- Serve stroganoff over prepared egg noodles and garnish with scallions.
Yield: 6 cups stroganoff and noodles