- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground hot sausage
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (32 ounce) can prepared chili (Gebhardt)
- 1 (16 ounce) can ranch-style chili beans (optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Cajun seasoning
- Brown ground beef and ground sausage; drain grease.
- Add seasonings and vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer about 30 minutes or to desired consistency.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce