Cajun Couscous Salad
For a change of pace, serve a couscous salad instead of potato or pasta salad.
This couscous salad has spicy-sweet heat from a dressing of olive oil, honey and
Perfect Pinch® Cajun Seasoning.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch®
Cajun Seasoning , divided
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced
red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Bring water and 1/2 teaspoon of the Seasoning to boil in medium saucepan
on high heat. Stir in couscous. Cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
- Spoon couscous into large bowl. Cool about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally
- Add celery, bell pepper and onion; toss to mix well.
- Mix lemon juice, oil, honey and remaining 2 teaspoons Seasoning in small
bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add to couscous mixture; toss to coat
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Reprinted with permission from