Cajun Couscous Salad
For a change of pace, serve a couscous salad instead of potato or pasta salad.
This couscous salad has spicy-sweet heat from a dressing of olive oil, honey and
Perfect Pinch® Cajun Seasoning.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch®
Cajun Seasoning , divided
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced
red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Bring water and 1/2 teaspoon of the Seasoning to boil in medium saucepan
on high heat. Stir in couscous. Cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
- Spoon couscous into large bowl. Cool about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally
- Add celery, bell pepper and onion; toss to mix well.
- Mix lemon juice, oil, honey and remaining 2 teaspoons Seasoning in small
bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add to couscous mixture; toss to coat
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Reprinted with permission from
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce