Cajun Crawfish Cornbread
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 pounds crawfish tails
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs thoroughly.
- Chop onions and jalapeno peppers. Add grated cheese. Add to beaten eggs,
onions, jalapeno peppers, cheese, oil, corn and crawfish tails. Combine this
mixture with cornmeal mix and mix together well.
- Pour into a greased 12 x 14-inch baking dish.
- Bake in a 375 degree F preheated oven for 55 minutes or until golden brown
Yield: 12 servings