Cajun Crawfish Cornbread
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 pounds crawfish tails
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs thoroughly.
- Chop onions and jalapeno peppers. Add grated cheese. Add to beaten eggs,
onions, jalapeno peppers, cheese, oil, corn and crawfish tails. Combine this
mixture with cornmeal mix and mix together well.
- Pour into a greased 11 x 15-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown in color.
Yield: 12 servings