Cajun Glazed Mushrooms
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 pounds small button mushrooms
- 1 cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup finely-ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 to 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- Trim any woody ends from mushroom stems. Wipe trimmed mushrooms with a damp towel.
- Melt butter or margarine in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms;
toss to coat with butter or margarine. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, pepper,
salt and Tabasco sauce. Increase heat to medium high. Cover pan; cook mushrooms,
stirring frequently. Do not let mushrooms stick to pan. Mushrooms are done when
butter or margarine separates from Worcestershire sauce and mushrooms are glazed
with a heavy, dark caramel-colored sauce, about 20 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, discarding any sauce.
- Serve hot.
Yield: about 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes