- 5 to 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups green onions, finely chopped, divided
- 3 cups diced ham
- 2 cups red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 cups green onions,
the ham and the bell pepper. Sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 7
- Add potatoes, thyme, and Cajun seasoning; stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking until potatoes are tender and crusty, occasionally
scraping up browned bits. (add more oil if necessary).
- To serve, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup green onions.