- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup light cream
cup chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 can condensed beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
- Meatballs: Soak bread crumbs in cream 5 minutes.
- Sauté onions in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine all ingredients and beat 5 minutes at medium speed (8 minutes by
- Form into 1-inch balls. Brown in 2 tablespoons butter; set aside. Save pan
- Make the gravy.
- Gravy: Stir flour into fat in skillet, add beef broth, water and instant
coffee. Stir until thickened over medium heat.
- Add meat balls, cover, cook slowly about 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
Yield: 5 dozen
This recipe freezes well.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce