Cajun Pork Chili
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, cook the pork over medium heat, stirring to break up
the meat, for about 5 minutes or until browned. Pour off the fat.
- Add onions, and cook until tender.
- Add garlic, red and green peppers and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally,
for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in kidney beans, hot pepper flakes, oregano, cayenne pepper, hot pepper
sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer
for 20 minutes.
If you prefer a more traditional chili flavor, use cumin instead of oregano,
and add chili powder to taste.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.