Cajun Pot Roast
- 1 (3 pound) beef sirloin or chuck roast
- 2 large garlic cloves, cut into 1/4
to 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cayenne chiles, or jalapeno chiles, cut into 1/4 to 1/2
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper,
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole or sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Creole seasoning to taste
- Cut 1/2 to 3/4 inch slits into beef. Stuff one piece of garlic land one
piece of chile into each slit. Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add beef and brown well on all
- Add onion, bell pepper and minced garlic land sauté until tender.
- Add water to pan to cover the beef.
- Stir in the mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce and season with Creole seasoning.
- Simmer, covered, for 3 to 4 hours or until tender, adding more water if
needed to keep liquid level halfway up the beef.
Yield: 6 servings
You may stir 1 tablespoon flour mixed with 1 cup cold water into liquid near
end of cooking for a thicker gravy.
Source: Marshes to Mansions