This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cajun Praline Pecan Fudge
Chocolate, peanut butter and divinity are typical flavors of fudge created in
any home in bayou country. The addition of roasted pecans and praline liqueur adds
an interesting twist to this simple recipe.
- 1/2 ounce praline liqueur
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 pound butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (7 ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- In a 2-quart heavy bottom pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add sugar
and evaporated milk and blend well into butter. Bring to a rolling boil, reduce
heat to simmer and cook approximately five minutes. Be careful not to scorch
butter as mixture will caramelized.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips, vanilla extract, Marshmallow
Creme, praline liqueur and pecans, whipping constantly. Stir until mixture becomes
creamy and slightly thickened.
- Pour into a buttered 9-inch cake pan and allow to cool two hours.
- Cut into squares.