Cajun Rice and Black Eyed Peas
- 2 cups black eyed peas, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel, drained
- 3 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion,
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
cup green onions, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Heat oil in small pan. Add next 4 ingredients to hot oil. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add to rice mixture. Stir well.
- Transfer to 8-inch oven-safe casserole dish, sprayed with non-stick cooking
spray. Sprinkle green onions on top. Cover.
- Bake until heated, about 25-30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce