Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
A slow cooker makes jambalaya a snap. Be sure to check the last hour or two to
keep the rice from overcooking.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, lean
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups rice, medium-grain white
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, (green, red, or both), chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Mix all ingredients except green onions in slow 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Watch
carefully during the last 1 hour (low) or 1/2 hour (high) of cooking to prevent
rice from overcooking.
- Just before serving, check seasoning and add green onions.
Prep Time 30 minutes | Cook Time 360 minutes | Serves 8 (12 cups)
Recipe courtesy of Chef Hosea Rosenberg, on behalf of the National Pork Board.
Reprinted with permission from the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.