Cajun-Spiced Walnut "Crumb" Topping
This topping is a great addition to casseroles, purées and baked dishes of all
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked
- 1 heaping cup California walnuts, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (scant measure)
- Few dashes cayenne (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-low heat. When it is
warm, add the spices and stir until they are completely coated.
- Add the walnuts and salt, and keep stirring until everything is evenly distributed.
- Stir and cook over medium-low heat for another 5 to 8 minutes or so (until
the walnuts are toasty). Be careful not to burn them!
- Stir in cayenne to taste, if desired, and remove from heat.
- When cool, store in a tightly closed jar in the refrigerator until use.
Total Time 10 Min | Cook Time 10 Min | Serves 8
Nutrition 112 Calories Fat 11g Saturated Fat 1g Monounsaturated Fat 3g Polyunsaturated
Fat 7g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 73mg Carbohydrates 2g Dietary Fiber 1g Protein 2g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes