Cajun Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 6 to 8 bell peppers
- Sliced cheese
- Cook meat, tomatoes, onions, chopped peppers and tomato paste. Cook for
20 to 30 minutes until done.
- Cook rice. Mix rice into meat mixture, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Clean peppers. Boil in large pot until peppers turn darker green. Dry peppers
on paper towels. Cool.
- Stuff peppers with meat and rice mix.
- Serve with a slice of cheese on top.