Cajun Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 6 to 8 bell peppers
- Sliced cheese
- Cook meat, tomatoes, onions, chopped peppers and tomato paste. Cook for
20 to 30 minutes until done.
- Cook rice. Mix rice into meat mixture, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Clean peppers. Boil in large pot until peppers turn darker green. Dry peppers
on paper towels. Cool.
- Stuff peppers with meat and rice mix.
- Serve with a slice of cheese on top.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce