Cajun Stuffed Pork Chops
Ready to eat pork chops Slap Ya Mama style? Introducing Slap Ya Mama’s Cajun
Stuffed Pork Chops complete with our hot blend, original blend, and Cajun hot sauce
to deliver maximum flavor to your meal!
- 8 ounces smoked pork tasso, diced (smoked ham)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops, thick cut (1 1/4 inch)
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- 4 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 4 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large oven-safe skillet (we’re using a cast iron skillet) heat 1 teaspoon
of olive oil over medium heat. Add tasso, onions, bell peppers, garlic, 1 teaspoon
of Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning and 1 teaspoon of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper
Sauce. Sauté until the onions are browned. Remove skillet from heat and stir
in green onions and parsley, mix well and set aside.
- With a knife, cut a pocket along the side of each pork chop. Try to make
the opening as small as possible while creating the pocket as large as possible
on the inside of the pork chop. Using a spoon, stuff each pork chop with the
tasso filling until full. You can either use toothpicks or string to help hold
the pocket closed.
- Season the outside of the pork chops with the Slap Ya Mama Original Blend
Seasoning and the remaining Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce; being sure to rub
the seasoning into the pork chops.
- Using the same skillet, being sure to leave the remnants from the tasso
filling in the skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium high heat and
brown each pork chop for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place skillet and pork chops in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 30
minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork chops reach 155 degrees
F using a meat thermometer.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):