Cajun Style Cube Steaks
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) beef cube steaks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Place foil grilling bag on cookie sheet. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour
- Arrange steaks in single layer on top of flour; top with pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl stir together tomato sauce, Cajun seasonings, and remaining
2 tablespoons flour. Spread evenly over steaks and vegetables. Seal bag by double
folding open end, leaving room for expansion.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Heat grill to medium indirect
- Slide bag from cookie sheet onto grill rack. Cover and grill for 35 minutes.
- Remove bag from grill. Use kitchen shears to carefully cut open bag.
- Fold back top for steam to escape.
- Spoon steaks and vegetables over rice.
Yield: 4 servings