Throwing a party, but you're pressed for time, then this dish is for you.
It's quick, easy and is sure to satisfy a variety of appetites.
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil (optional)
- 2 packages ZATARAIN'S® Jambalaya Mix
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- Bring water and oil to boil in large saucepan.
- Stir in Rice Mixes, chicken and sausage; return to boil. Reduce heat to
low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Makes 12 (1-cup) servings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Nutritional Info per 1 serving: Calories: 305 Sodium: 965 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates:
30 Cholesterol: 41 Fiber: 1 Protein: 17
Recipe and photo credit:
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Uptown Red Beans and Rice
Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad