Catfish Wontons with Andouille Sausage
Catfish, andouille sausage and pepper jack cheese fill these wontons, served with a sweet and sour sauce for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese
- 1 pound andouille sausage
- 5 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Oil for frying
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- Wontons: Cut catfish fillets into 1 x 1 x 1/2-inch pieces.
- Slice cheese into 1 x 1 x 1/4-inch pieces and sausage into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Cut egg roll wrapper in half. Make an egg wash by mixing egg and water.
- Brush egg wash on top of egg roll wrapper.
- Stack catfish, cheese and sausage on egg roll wrapper, wrap filling, and
pinch edges closed with a fork.
- Add oil to a heavy, small pan and heat to medium high.
- Add several wraps at a time and cook 3-4 minutes, turning frequently until
- Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- Sweet and Sour Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a small pan and bring to a
boil. Reduce heat to simmer and
cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly
until thickened slightly. The sauce will thicken more as it cools.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
The Catfish Institute
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes