- 1/2 cup butter (see note)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped bell
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
(14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce)
cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 pounds
boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup
finely chopped parsley
- Cooked rice (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add onions, bell pepper, celery,
garlic and sauté until vegetables soften and begin to release their juices,
about 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid and chicken broth. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream of chicken soup and stir until smooth.
- Stir in salt, black and white peppers and chicken pieces. Cover and simmer
over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and serve over rice if desired.
To reduce fat, butter may be reduced by half.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Uptown Red Beans and Rice
Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad