- 1/2 cup butter*
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- Cooked rice (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add onions, bell pepper, celery,
garlic and sauté until vegetables soften and begin to release their juices, about 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid and chicken broth. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream of chicken soup and stir until smooth.
- Stir in salt, black and white peppers and chicken pieces. Cover and simmer
over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and serve over rice if desired.
* To reduce fat, butter may be reduced by half.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.