- 1/2 cup butter*
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- Cooked rice (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add onions, bell pepper, celery,
garlic and sauté until vegetables soften and begin to release their juices,
about 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid and chicken broth. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream of chicken soup and stir until smooth.
- Stir in salt, black and white peppers and chicken pieces. Cover and simmer
over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and serve over rice if desired.
* To reduce fat, butter may be reduced by half.