City Cafe Spaghetti Sauce
Most small Louisiana towns have their "City Cafe." This
is the City Cafe Spaghetti Sauce recipe from the City Cafe in Plaquemine, Louisiana.
- 1 pound white onions, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cluster garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cans tomato paste
- 3 cans tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 heaping tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In hot olive oil in a cast iron pot, sauté onions, celery and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for at least one hour.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.