This is excellent for potluck dinners or buffet suppers.
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small green bell pepper or 4 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked tomatoes
- 1 cup cream-style
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup minced ripe olives
- Sauté finely chopped onion, garlic, and green pepper or parsley in hot shortening
until limp but not brown.
- Add beef and seasonings; cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn; boil briskly; stir in the corn meal; and add milk and
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour in a well-greased baking dish at 325 degrees F.
Yield: 6 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Uptown Red Beans and Rice
Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad