Serve over fried, broiled or grilled fish or whatever else you would like.
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup onion,
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups crab
stock or fish stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons
fresh parsley, chopped
- Make a blond roux with 4 tablespoons of the oil and the 4 tablespoons flour.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat and sauté the onion,
celery and bell pepper for one minute.
- Add garlic and sauté for one minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the stock, wine, Creole seasoning, paprika, Tabasco and salt.
- Whisk in the roux and cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Add the crabmeat, green onion and parsley. Simmer for 1 minute, and keep warm.
Yield: 8 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Uptown Red Beans and Rice
Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad