Crawfish Bread Bites
This easy, cheesy crawfish bread is the ultimate party snack.
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package Louisiana crawfish tails
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until
translucent, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- To the same bowl, add tomatoes, crawfish, cheeses, salt, and pepper; combine
- Divide the mixture between French bread halves and bake on a rimmed baking
sheet until cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.
Cooking/Prep Time: 30 to 45 minutes
Serves 5 to 6
Reprinted with permission from
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Uptown Red Beans and Rice
Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad