Etouffee ("ay-too-fay") is a rich gravy served over fluffy white rice.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 pounds crawfish tails
- 1 cup crawfish fat, if available or 1 cup butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Melt butter in large skillet or Dutch oven and sauté green onions until tender;
about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add parsley, crawfish tails, crawfish fat (or butter) and salt and pepper to
taste. Cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes.
- If a thicker gravy is desired, dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of water
and add to sauce.
- Serve over steamed rice and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.