Creole Beef over Rice
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® bottom round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper,
seeded and diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon dry Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 2 (14-ounce) cans stewed Cajun-style tomatoes
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet or pot; brown beef about two minutes, stirring
occasionally; drain excess fat.
- Add onions, pepper and celery and sauté for three minutes.
- Add Creole seasoning and stewed tomatoes. Cover and simmer about 25 minutes,
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Certified Angus Beef.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Crab Salad
Cajun Minestrone with Italian Sausage
Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya
Grilled Cajun-Style Gator Tail