Creole Cabbage Casserole
- 1 medium head cabbage
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup scallions,
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine
- Creole seasoning to taste
- Cut cabbage into large pieces. Boil in salted water until tender, but still green.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- Melt margarine in a deep skillet and fry meat with onions and Creole seasoning
- Mix cabbage with meat, adding mushroom soup and cooked rice. (Optional: 1/2 cup
of reserved liquid may be added.)
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and bake for 30
minutes at 350 degrees F.