Creole Cabbage Casserole
- 1 medium head cabbage
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup scallions,
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine
- Creole seasoning to taste
- Cut cabbage into large pieces. Boil in salted water until tender, but still green.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- Melt margarine in a deep skillet and fry meat with onions and Creole seasoning
- Mix cabbage with meat, adding mushroom soup and cooked rice. (Optional: 1/2 cup
of reserved liquid may be added.)
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and bake for 30
minutes at 350 degrees F.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Crab Salad
Cajun Minestrone with Italian Sausage
Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya
Grilled Cajun-Style Gator Tail