Chopped green bell pepper, celery and onion are known as the "trinity"
in Creole and Cajun cooking. These vegetables are cooked in the microwave for a
quick and tasty addition to the Cajun Seafood Sauce.
- 1/2 cup McCormick Cajun Seafood Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds catfish fillets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pour Seafood Sauce into 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Add fish; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Microwave vegetables in microwavable bowl on HIGH 3 minutes, stirring halfway
through cooking time.
- Spoon over fish.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with rice, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Test Kitchen Tip: Substitute cod, pollock, rainbow trout or striped bass for
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):