Creole Chicken and Vegetable Soup
This quick and easy soup can be prepared with any fresh or frozen vegetables
you have on hand.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless
skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Chicken Creole Rice Mix
- Heat oil in large saucepot on Dutch oven on medium heat. Add celery, bell
pepper, onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken, frozen vegetables, water, chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato
paste and Rice Mix; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
Makes 15 (1-cup) servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Info per 1 serving: Calories: 143 Sodium: 690 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates:
19 Cholesterol: 21 Fiber: 2 Protein: 10
Reprinted with permission from