Creole Meat Loaf
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sauté onion, celery and green pepper in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in ketchup; combine 1/2 cup this mixture with ground beef, bread crumbs,
egg and salt.
- Form into 8 x 4-inch loaf in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve remaining sauce, cold or heated, over meat loaf.
Yield: 6 servings