Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes
with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Well-seasoned crab cakes finished with a swipe of smoky, creamy rémoulade.
- 1 pound Louisiana Blue Crab Meat, lump, picked clean
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup celery, small dice
- 1/2 cup green pepper, small dice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Original TABASCO® brand pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 3/4 cup plus 1 cup for dredging panko breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickles, minced
- Smoky Rémoulade Sauce: Combine ingredients. Mix thoroughly and reserve.
- Crab Cakes: Heat medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add butter, onions,
celery and peppers. Cook until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes). Remove
from heat and reserve.
- In large mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, egg, TABASCO®, Worcestershire,
lemon juice, Creole seasoning, dry mustard, cayenne and scallions.
- Add cooked onions, celery and green peppers. Mix thoroughly.
- Gently fold Louisiana Blue Crab Meat and 3/4 cup breadcrumbs into mixture
and mix until just combined, being careful not to break up crab meat.
- Portion into 2 1/2 ounce patties and dredge in remaining breadcrumbs.
- To cook crab cakes, heat medium nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add
3 tablespoons olive oil and 6 crab cakes. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Reserve cooked crab cakes in warm oven and repeat cooking process with remaining
6 crab cakes.
- Serve Louisiana Blue Crab cakes hot with a dollop of Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Cooking/Prep Time: 20 min | Serves 6 as an appetizer or 4 as an entree
Recipe and photo credit: Louisiana Seafood