Easy Boiled Crawfish
Crawfish boils are usually held outdoors in Louisiana. With this scaled-down
recipe, you can make it in the kitchen. Some of the fun of boiling crawfish is personalizing
your boil by adding favorites accompaniments such as artichokes, mushrooms, sausage,
- 12 pounds live crawfish
- 8 quarts water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil - Complete
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 6 ears corn, shucked and halved crosswise
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pour live crawfish into a washtub or ice chest; cover with water. Drain.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times until crawfish are clean. Drain. Discard any dead crawfish
- Mix 8 quarts water, Crab Boil, onion and garlic in large (20-quart) stockpot.
Bring to boil on high heat; boil 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes; boil 5 minutes.
- Add crawfish and corn; return to boil. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand 20 minutes.
- Add about 6 to 8 cups ice to stockpot; let stand 20 minutes to cool.
- Drain and serve.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes