Easy Boiled Crawfish
Crawfish boils are usually held outdoors in Louisiana. With this scaled-down
recipe, you can make it in the kitchen. Some of the fun of boiling crawfish is personalizing
your boil by adding favorites accompaniments such as artichokes, mushrooms, sausage,
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 pounds live crawfish
- 8 quarts water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil - Complete
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 6 ears corn, shucked and halved crosswise
- Pour live crawfish into a washtub or ice chest; cover with water. Drain.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times until crawfish are clean. Drain. Discard any dead crawfish
- Mix 8 quarts water, Crab Boil, onion and garlic in large (20-quart) stockpot.
Bring to boil on high heat; boil 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes; boil 5 minutes.
- Add crawfish and corn; return to boil. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand 20 minutes.
- Add about 6 to 8 cups ice to stockpot; let stand 20 minutes to cool.
- Drain and serve.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes