Hot Mayonnaise Sauce
OK...How did I miss this one? 1000 Island dressing on a Po' Boy? Only in Texas
I guess!! LOL Just kidding of course! Hot Mayonnaise Sauce is one of the two best
toppings for an AUTHENTIC Po' Boy. Give them a try! Enjoy!
This is actually a topping that is great on scallops, but I did try it on some
Po' Boys and it was outstanding!
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup olive oil
- In food processor, add everything except oil. Process until smooth...about 30
- With motor running, slowly add oil. Mixture will thicken.
- Refrigerate until ready.
Posted by Kevin Taylor, the BBQGURU at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.