- 1 cup mushroom pieces, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound kielbasa, fully cooked
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Cut sausage into small pieces.
- Melt butter; sauté garlic, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms in large skillet
over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add sausage and cook a few more minutes.
- Add rice, sausage or shrimp, vegetables, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and
cayenne pepper to skillet. Stir briefly to evenly distribute all ingredients.
Cover and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is
- Remove from heat; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
Variation: In place of diced tomatoes, increase the chicken broth to 4 cups and
use one (5 ounce) can tomato paste.
Use 1/2 pound fully-cooked shrimp instead of Kielbasa or use both!
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes