Louisiana Crawfish-Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1/2 loaf stale French bread
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg
- 5 medium bell peppers, halved
- Whole crawfish tails for garnish
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sauté onions, chopped bell pepper, celery and garlic in butter.
- Soak bread in water. Squeeze out water. Add to sautéed vegetables. Add parsley
and chopped crawfish tails. Add salt, Tabasco and egg. Stir and cook over low heat
for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove seeds and membranes from halved bell peppers. Cook in boiling, salted
water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain. Place in baking dish.
- Pile crawfish mixture into peppers. Garnish with whole crawfish tails.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until heated through.
Yield: 5 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes