Louisiana Killer Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled, tails on
- 1 loaf French bread, toasted
- Pulverize the rosemary and thyme using fingers.
- Place all ingredients, except shrimp and French bread, in a large pot. Simmer
for 2 1/2 hours.
- Five minutes before serving, add shrimp and cook about 3 to 4 minutes or until
shrimp is done.
- Serve shrimp with broth and toasted French bread for sopping the broth.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings