This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Louisiana Tabasco Jelly
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 bottle fruit pectin
- 3 drops red food coloring
- In a 2-quart microwavable bowl, combine water, Tabasco, lemon juice and sugar.
- Microwave on HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes, or until boiling.
- Add fruit pectin and red food coloring. Stir well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 or 4 minutes, or until mixture comes to a full rolling
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds to allow mixture to boil for a full 30 seconds.
- Pour into 4 hot sterilized jelly jars.
- Seal with hot paraffin.
Yield: 4 half-pints