Maque Choux (Louisiana French)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cups fresh corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat shortening in saucepan. Add onion. Cook slowly until transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook covered over moderate flame, stirring frequently.
Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes