New Orleans Black Muffins
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups whole wheat
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped
dry roasted pecans
- In a medium bowl combine the hot water, molasses and stir until the two have
blended then stir in the milk.
- In a large bowl sift together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and
- With a rubber spatula, fold the liquid mixture and the pecans into the dry ingredients
just until flour is thoroughly incorporated but do not over mix.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 300 degrees F until done, 45 minutes to about 1 hour.
- Remove from pan immediately and serve while hot.
Yield: 12 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
French Market Beignets
Shrimp Creole 3
Bayou Jambalaya-Style Sausage and Rice
Cajun Sweet Potato Fries with Yogurt Dipping Sauce