This will stuff a 10- to 12-pound turkey.
DO NOT MAKE THIS THE DAY BEFORE! Make it just before stuffing the turkey right
before you bake it.
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3 cups raw oysters, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups oyster liquor plus milk, if needed
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook celery, onion and bay leaf in butter until tender but not brown.
- Discard the bay leaf. Add crumbs and parsley to the butter mixture.
- Add oysters, seasonings and eggs.
- Add enough of the liquid mixture to moisten.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes