Paul Prudhomme's Jambalaya
- 36 large oysters, shucked
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup raw, diced boneless chicken
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 8 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups fish or 2 cups clam juice and 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups converted rice
- 1 chopped green onion
- 36 large shrimp, uncooked, deveined and shelled
- 1 cup diced smoked sausage
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook ham, sausage and chicken in butter in Dutch oven until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Add onion, celery and green peppers. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato puree, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, garlic and cayenne pepper; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish stock. Bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour into large baking pan. Add rice. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp, oysters and green onion.
- Cover and bake until all liquid is absorbed - about 15 minutes.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes