Pork Chop Jambalaya
- 2 pounds pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onion tops
- Put 1/4 inch vegetable oil in bottom of pot. Brown pork chops that have been
seasoned to taste.
- Remove chops from pot.
- Sauté onions, bell pepper and celery in oil in which chops were browned.
- Remove all oil from the pot that you can and add a small amount of water to form
- Put chops back into the pot. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and onion tops and stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings