Dark sweet chocolate, smooth dripping caramel and indulgent whipped cream. Did
someone mention dessert?
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist German chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy coconut pecan frosting
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Caramel topping, if desired
- Sweetened whipped cream, if desired
- Pecan halves, if desired
- Toasted coconut, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark and nonstick pan).
- In large bowl, stir together dry cake mix and butter.
- Press evenly into ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Using same bowl, stir frosting, milk, flour and egg until blended.
- Pour evenly over mixture in pan.
- Bake for 43 to 47 minutes or until set. It is "set" when it’s firm
and barely jiggles when the pan is moved.
- Serve warm or cool. Top each serving with remaining ingredients.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 16 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 130); Total
Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 340mg; Total
Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 29g); Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker 2008/TM General Mills
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes