Succulent shrimp in a savory sauce made with peppers, onions, celery,
tomatoes and Creole seasoning.
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 large = about 1 cup)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (1 large = about 1 cup)
- 1 large green bell pepper (1 large = about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 cloves = about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 pound extra-large (16/20 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt's® Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell peppers,
celery, jalapeno peppers, garlic and seasoning; mix well. Cook 5 minutes, or
until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in shrimp; cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink, stirring
frequently. Add tomatoes with their liquid and the tomato paste; mix well. Bring
to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring
Yield: 8 servings, 1 cup each | Total time: 40 min
Nutrition Information: Calories: 132 Total fat 5 g 7% DV Saturated fat 1
g 3% DV Cholesterol 86 mg 29% DV Sodium 729 mg 30% DV Carbohydrate 11 g 4% DV
Dietary fiber 3 g 12% DV Sugars 6 g Protein 12 g Vitamin A 1120 iu 22% DV
Vitamin C 58 mg 96% DV Calcium 59 mg 6% DV Iron 2 mg 12% DV
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Conagra Brands, Inc.